It’s Peppermint Season!
Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone. (Hopefully with lots of turkey.) And Pumpkin Spice Everything is starting to tone down a little. Every other thing you see on Pinterest will be filled with Peppermint, often paired with chocolate. Yum!
But besides all the tasty treats that are invading our view, there are other good reasons to use peppermint! My peppermint of choice is peppermint essential oil. It’s highly concentrated, simple to use, and a little bit goes a long way. With most things these days, it’s nice to use something that has more than one purpose. Not only does peppermint taste great, but it also is great for you!
Peppermint essential oil has a surprising variety of benefits to it. Primarily, it promotes healthy respiratory function, assists in relieving stomach upset, and increases oral health. It is also uplifting and energizing . These are great reasons to be using peppermint during the Christmas season when it’s easy to indulge in sweets!
If you are looking to use peppermint essential oil in a practical way here are some ideas! Utilize it’s great benefits with these simple tips:
- Add peppermint with lemon to water for a refreshing mouth rinse.
- Rub peppermint on your temples and breathe deeply to clear the sinuses and relieve headaches.
- Place a drop or two in your palms and rub together, then breathe in the scent for an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Mix a drop or two in a cup of hot water to alleviate digestive trouble, or just to enjoy as a delicious drink.
- Diffuse peppermint to lift your mood and reduce anxiety.
- Rub with a carrier oil on joints to reduce aches and pains.
- Repel spiders and ants with a bit of peppermint oil on a cotton ball.
Holiday Bonus: Add a drop or two to your coffee or hot chocolate for a tasty beverage. Or mix into your favorite dessert to create a tasty treat!
Peppermint is one of my favorite essential oils. I tend to have a sensitive stomach to certain foods and peppermint essential oil is my go-to for relief. Same for headaches. A headache seems to be my body’s favorite way to tell me something is off. Fortunately I can get rid of the headache quickly until I figure out why it started out in the first place.
I love this time of year with all the wonderment and anticipation of Christmas. It’s wonderful to have a healthy way to keep the traditional scent and flavor of peppermint in my home!
How do you use Peppermint essential oil?
This post is shared at these link ups.