This post contains affiliate links.
Who’s hitting the gym again, now that the new year is here?
Considering I’m so far out in the woods, I’m not going to be at a gym any time soon. And, although I’m not making any resolutions, I am committing to daily movement. Whether that’s walking or hiking, yoga, or plyometrics (simple body weight movements, like push ups or squats), I need to do some sort of physical movement every day.
Granted I’m pretty busy with chasing around a ten month old and keeping the house in one piece. But that doesn’t necessarily build muscle or get my heart rate up. Those are two key parts of daily movement and I’d like to make sure I achieve that even on a small scale.
If you are one of many others this time of year, making commitments to hit the gym, run, or get outside more, you may end up with sore muscles. I know I do when I get back at it!
The one thing that has saved me the last time I got started on good exercise habits, was my DIY Sore Muscle Rub. Utilizing essential oils and arnica oil, this rub really helps soothe the pain. I’ve tweaked the recipe from my initial concoction and put together something that is easy to make and use.
- 1.5 oz beeswax
- 2 oz coconut oil
- 1.5 oz olive oil
- 1.5 oz grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp arnica oil
- 10-15 drops each essential oils: peppermint, lavender, Roman chamomile, white fir, wintergreen
- Double Boiler (or if you're like me and don't have a double boiler, use a glass jar in water)
- Mold or 6-7 1 oz Push Tubes (I prefer the tubes)
- Combine beeswax, coconut oil, olive oil, and grapeseed oil in double boiler. Heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and add arnica oil and essential oils. Stir to combine.
- Pour into mold or push tubes.
- To use simply rub on the affected area, massage into the skin, let the oils soothe the pain!
This recipe will make 6-7 push tubes of Sore Muscle Rub. Which means you will have plenty to share if you want to give some as gifts! You could also half the recipe if you didn’t want so much. Or if you want to try it first to see if you like it, I have some for sale in my Southern Vines Soap Co. shop.
I have really found this DIY Sore Muscle Rub to be effective. I’ve given it to family and friends and they have loved it too.
So go out and hit that gym, trail, or track and get your move on! Then relish the soothing oils and hit it again!
Do you have plans to move daily?
This post is shared on these blogs.