Nine things that make me who I am:
- First and foremost, I am a follower of Christ. You will find that many of my adventures always lead me to fall more deeply in love with my Savior. Whether it is viewing a beautiful sunset or learning a new skill, I find that all the big and little things of my life point to the One who created me.
- I am a wife. The moment I laid eyes on him, I knew we were meant to be. Through the ups and downs, my husband helps me pursue my passions and I do my best to help him achieve his!
- We have an amazingly adorable baby boy. I can’t believe how much my life could change until that little guy arrived. I had the most amazing homebirth and since the moment I first laid eyes on him, he captured my heart.
- We have a dog named Bella. She is spoiled rotten but we thoroughly enjoy her antics. As a side note, we also have a cat. Her name is Bitsy and we keep her around to kill the mice. Thankfully she does it well.
- Our home for now is a lovely cabin tucked away in the woods. I absolutely love sitting on the front porch, sipping coffee and listening to the wind in the trees.
- Camping, hiking, and outdoor adventures are some of my favorite activities. A lot of my love of the outdoors is credited to my husband and our expedition to Yellowstone National Park.
- Doing things hands-on is another favorite of mine. I love to craft and make things myself. I tend to hoard my craft supplies because I never know when the piece of twine, or empty jar might be useful. My hands-on-ness also leads me to pursue soapmaking, crocheting, painting boxes, etc.
- I eat real food. What does that mean? I stick to foods that are single or few ingredients, such as carrots, lettuce, grass-fed beef, any thing that would be recognized as food by any person in any time period. I cook from scratch and make my own mayonnaise. I’m an avid reader of labels and nearly threw a fit when I discovered soy in my canned tuna. I will probably talk about food a lot. We like to eat.
- I’m passionate about natural healthcare. I frequently use essential oils, herbs, and real food as a tried and true way to keep my family healthy and happy. We enjoy an abundant life by utilizing the things God created to keep us well.